- One of the quickest ways to shift your mood is to change something in your body.
- Some ways to do so are the half-smile, open hands, self-soothing through the five senses, the TIPP skill, and the REST skill.
- The half-smile refers to producing a partial smile.
- There is a reciprocal relationship between mood and facial expressions.
- The open hand skill refers to unclenching your hands and exposing your palms.
- It puts you in a more accepting frame of mind.
- The five senses skill refers to applied mindfulness of the five senses.
- Have at least one predetermined item or activity for each sense that can serve as a focal point for immediate selfsoothing effects.