- Third wave behaviorism recognizes the role of mindfulness in influencing cognition and behavior.
- DBT has a strong focus on mindfulness, spirituality, selfdisclosure, a team treatment approach, between-session support, the importance of emotions and cognitions, and dialectical processes.
- People may not have caused all of their problems, but they need to take ownership of them.
- New behaviors need to be learned in all relevant contexts.
- Changing the causes is more effective than judging the behaviors.