Using PE to Overcome Fear: Four Cornerstones
Associate Vice-Chair of Clinical Research, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine
Director, Emory Healthcare Veterans Program
Director, Emory Trauma and Anxiety Recovery Program
Paul A. Janssen Chair in Neuropsychopharmacology
- Using PE to help patients overcome their fear successfully is rooted in several cornerstones:
- A firm grounding in the conceptual model of treatment.
- A strong, collaborative therapeutic alliance.
- A clear and convincing rationale.
- An effective implementation of exposure techniques.