An Interview with Dr. Barbara Rothbaum
During this interview, Dr. Jessica Diaz and Dr. Rothbaum dive into the practical aspects of applying PE. Together they discuss the specifics of breathing retraining, imaginal exposure, distress reduction, in vivo exposure, and homework assignment, among other interesting topics.
- Examine practical aspects of the breathing retraining as well as imaginal and in vivo exposure.
- Discuss problem solving for homework completion issues.
- Explore important aspects of distress, such as expectations for SUDS reduction, nonverbal signs of distress, properly rating items in the hierarchy, and handling crises.
- Recognize the importance of informed consent and consultation.
- Incorporate guidelines for therapists new to PE.