- Emotion dysregulation is a common experience for DBT patients.
- It is important to discuss the benefits of emotion and challenge desires to eliminate emotions.
- Identifying and labeling emotions helps to reduce their intensity.
- The emotion regulation module involves psycho-education about emotion, teaches skills to change unwanted emotions and reduce vulnerability to emotion mind.
- Mastery involves taking small action steps toward long-term goals; PLEASE skills refer to self-care activities; opposite action involves engaging in a behavior opposite to one that is mood congruent.