Jazmin: Welcome to Psychotherapy Academy Clinical Cases. Today we will work on a clinical case about Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for obsessive-compulsive disorder with Dr. Kate Morrison, our faculty and expert in this case conceptualization.
Client’s Demographic Information
Dr. Morrison: Anne Wilson is a 38-year-old white heterosexual, cisgender female who uses she/her pronouns.
- She was raised in a Catholic family but currently identifies as an atheist.
- She has been married to her husband for 15 years and is satisfied with her marriage. They have a one-year-old daughter. Still, some of the things she’s coming into therapy for have negatively impacted their relationship.
- She was born and raised in California and moved to Colorado for college. However, she’s now living in Utah with her husband and their daughter.
- She was previously employed full time as an engineer, but took parental leave when she had her daughter, and could not return to work because of her symptoms.
- She describes being financially stable, but is a little concerned about finances long term because she hasn’t been able to return to work. They’re living off one income while having the expense of a new child in the family.