- Mindfulness is learning to pay attention in the present without judging.
- Clients need to understand how mindfulness relates to their symptoms and the quality of their lives.
- Questions to help clients understand the rationale for mindfulness: What did you notice?
- How is this different?
- How does it relate to your symptoms?
- How does it relate to your life goals?
- The MAP helps clients stay grounded in a mindfulness exercise through self-talk.
• The MAP helps clients understand how mindfulness relates to a life worth living.
• The MAP helps clients stay in the present.